Helpful Resources for Moving and Downsizing
in Your Golden Years
Downsizing is often an overwhelming and emotional process. However, there are many ways to get help as you downsize. By starting early and following the tips below, you can make the process as easy and stress free as possible.
Moving to Tallahassee? Griner Moving Services have you covered! 850-754-3815
Start with Clutter
Over the course of your life, it’s easy to accumulate more stuff than you really need. And while there’s probably enough room for everything in your current home, you’ll need to think about how things will fit in your next home. These tips can help you stay motivated to tackle clutter.
- A clutter-free home is easier to sell, as it allows buyers to picture themselves living there.
- Try a few different approaches to decluttering until you find a method that works for you.
- A professional organizer can guide and motivate you to get through everything.
Listing Your House for Sale
With decluttering out of the way, it will be easier to proceed to the next step: putting your house up for sale. These are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- Hire a real estate agent with knowledge and experience to help you get the best price for your home.
- If you’re selling your home during the pandemic, you may have to take some extra precautions.
- Complete repairs or update outdated features to help your home stand out.
- Repainting the walls with a fresh coat is a budget-friendly way to freshen up your interior.
- Hanging new decor can also transform your home into a more modern, inviting place.
Finding Your Next Home
Part of downsizing is finding a smaller home to live in. These tips will help you budget, get a mortgage, and have a stress-free move.
- Consider your monthly expenses and annual income when budgeting for a new home.
- In a competitive housing market, try to get preapproved for a mortgage.
- Make a moving checklist so you stay on track and don’t forget anything.
- Moving is hard work, let Griner Moving Services take some weight off your shoulders. You can count on Tallahassee's best movers to get the job done.
Downsizing can be a long and stressful process, but you aren’t alone. Hiring a professional organizer, working with a realtor and using a moving company will remove a lot of the stress associated with downsizing. Keep in mind that even though the process is challenging, downsizing can simplify your life and help you spend more time doing what you love.